Monday, April 27, 2009
2) A 42-year-old man was found shot to death on a Harvey street Sunday afternoon. The victim, identified as Terry Redmond of Harvey, was pronounced dead near Esther and Florence streets. Harvey, Murder
3) N. Dorgenois St. @ D'Abadie St. 10:20 AM 04/26/2009 A 32 year oldmale subject (resides in the Hollygrove area) was walking at the above intersection when the bullet penetrated the victims right arm and he fled to the 2900 block of Maurepas St. 7th Ward, 'Aggravated Battery' by shooting
Thursday, April 23, 2009
2) Sunday, 4/19/09, 4:07pm, victim was riding bicycle in 2300 block of N.Villere St. White ford Expedition pulled up and occupant(s) fired at him. The victim was struck several times. St. Roch, Shooting
3) 04-20-09, 10:31 PM, the victim was walking in the 1400 block of Bienville Street (Iberville Project) when he was shot in the leg by an unknown subject. Listed in stable condition. IPH, Shooting
4) 04/14/09, 8:45pm, Officers responded to a shooting at S. Rocheblave and Gravier Street. The victim was driving when he heard several gunshots, realizing he was shot. The victim immediately drove to the hospital. Mid-City, Shooting
5) 04-19-09, 3:30pm, the victim was walking in front of AP Tureaud Elementary School. At that time, the victim then heard two gunshots, he was struck by the first shot, missed by the scound shot. The victim was listed in stable condition. St. Roch, Shooting
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Why rob and shoot?
Monday, April 20, 2009
2) New Orleans police are reporting that the bodies of Fitzgerald Phillips and Calyisse Perkins have been found, possibly in a house, at Broadway and Fig Streets. The 19-year-olds were reported kidnapped early Sunday morning. Both are students at SUNO. Gert Town, Double Murder/Kidnapping
3) An 18-year-old man was shot and killed on a Kenner street late last night. Police officers discovered victim Justin Davis while responding to a 10:12 p.m. 911 call about a shooting in the 2600 block of Huntsville Street, just behind Louis Armstrong International Airport. Kenner, Murder
4) On Sunday, 4/19/09, 1:03am, the victim, B/M, was walking with a friend on Canal, near the corner of S Villere, when two unknowns exited a Ford Expedition. The suspects produced handguns and fired, striking the victim. Canal St, Shooting
5) On Saturday, 4/18/09, 11:40 p.m., officers responded to gunfire in the 1200 block of S. Galvez Street. Upon arrival, spent shell casing were located in the block and officers learned that two individuals had been shot, one in the arm and the other in the leg. Guste Apartments, Shooting
Sunday, April 19, 2009
2) A JP Sheriff's deputy early Saturday shot and wounded a woman who brandished a knife at authorities responding to a call for help at her Terrytown apartment. Georgina Carrasquillo, 50, was shot twice, once in the leg and stomach, during the incident at 917 W. Monterey Court around 6:30 a.m. Carrasquillo's daughter said her mother, who has been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, was stabbing at a television set with a knife. Jefferson Parish, Television
Friday, April 17, 2009
1) On Monday, 4/13/09, 6:38 pm, the victim was walking near the intersection of Painter St and Dreux Ave, when a gray Ford Taurus approached occupied by two unknown suspects. The suspects began firing at the victim who fled.
2) On Tuesday, 4/14/09, 4:46 P.M., the victim and his friend, Carter, Ponce became involved in an argument at the corner of Baccich Street @ Selma Street over a cell phone, during which Mr. Carter pointed a handgun at him.
3) On Tuesday, 4/14/09 at about 10:27 am, the victims and the arrested subject were in the 3200 Block of Pauger St. A verbal altercation became physical when the arrested subject pushed one of the victims. The arrested subject retrieved a weapon and discharged it at the victim’s truck.
4) On Friday, April 10th, 2009, the victim, her boyfriend, Weddington, Charles and his brother were involved in an argument over a Social Security Card at their home in the 5300 block of Cameron Blvd., when Charles Weddington began punching his girlfriend in the back and when his brother attempted to stop him, he threatened to kill him. Charles Weddington then exited the residence, returning moments later with a shotgun.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
1) Two young men were found shot, one fatally, Tuesday night in the 6th Ward. The wounded men were found about 8:45 p.m. at Bayou Road and North Prieur Street. Treme, Murder, Shooting
Two comments were left yesterday requesting that the NOMB provide links to the news stories we take our information from. Understandable. The reason we don't do so daily is largely a matter of convenience; we take our stories from police district email blasts, the Times-Picayune, and occasionally other publications and blogs. While we do our best to amalgamate NOLA violent crime news on a day-to-day basis, we are not professional journalists and can claim neither authority on our subject nor comprehensiveness. Sometimes, we simply don't have the time to write a post, let alone source it . Sometimes we miss a story. All of our sources are available to anyone with an internet connection and the willingness to search for them, but as few of you probably subscribe to the NOPD district email blasts, feel free to email us if you want to know where we found information that you're unable to find with a google search. In closing, we too wish a professional journalistic entity existed that were as comprehensive as we feebly attempt to be when it comes to crime in the NO.
Monday, April 13, 2009
1) A 35-year-old man was shot to death inside of a car in Terrytown this morning (Monday, 4/13/09) in the 300 block of Ruby Street about 2:30 a.m. Terrytown, Murder
2) Two children and a teenager were killed Saturday morning in Terrytown. 900 block of East Monterey Court, 3:43 a.m. Two unidentified men entered an apartment and "executed" a 23-month old male toddler and the baby's 19-year old mother. Wielding handguns, the men also shot a 6-year old boy and 11-year old girl. The 6-year old died en route to University Hospital, while the 11-year old remains in critical condition. Terrytown, Triple Murder
3) Monday, 4/13/09, 6:11 am, New Orleans police investigating apparent hit-and-run/shooting on the corner of Gov. Nicholls Street and St. Claude Avenue. 23-year-old man taken to Interim LSU Public Hospital in guarded condition. St. Claude, Shooting, Hit-and-Run
5) Four males were shot at around 7 p.m. Saturday at the corner of North Prieur Street and Orleans Avenue. The four drove themselves to University Hospital. Treme, Shooting
Friday, April 10, 2009
1) Corner of South Rampart and Gravier streets, a 30-year-old New Orleans man was shot in the back of the head and killed this morning [Thursday, 4/8]. Torey T. Coleman died. Central Business District, Murder
2) A 17-year-old was shot near the corner of Green and Monroe streets in the Leonidas neighborhood this morning [Friday, 4/9] about 9:26 a.m. EMS took the teenager to Interim LSU in unknown condition. Leonidas, Shooting
3) [Thursday, 4/8] one man was shot in the ankle about 6:47 p.m. in the 1700 block of Frenchmen Street. 7th Ward, Shooting
4) [Thursday, 4/8] Another man was shot in the arm about 7:25 p.m. at the intersection of Dumaine and North Galvez streets. Treme, Shooting.
5) [Thursday, 4/8, 2:30 pm] A cab driver reported picking up 3 on Blair St and driving toward General Meyer Ave, when an unknown man came up to the vehicle and began firing. A 37-year-old-man and 19-year-old man inside the cab were shot. Algiers, Shooting
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
A comment posted in response to yesterday's entry:
"Mid-City : Jesuit high, Venezia's, Massey's, NOMA
Not to be confused with....
Central City: America's microcosm of Sierra Leone"
It was unclear whether the author believed we had mistaken a location in Central City for Mid-City or if a point was simply being illustrated. We say, New Orleans: Good, bad, ugly. Not to be confused with...America: fat and shit.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
2) On Sunday, 4/5/09, 3:14 p.m., victims were near the intersection of Second and Dryades Street when a burgundy or dark colored SUV drove by. Shots were fired from the vehicle and the three victims were struck. Central City, 'Aggravated Battery' by Shooting
More catchup from the district email blasts:
3) On Sunday, 3/1/09 at 10:20pm, a shooting at 3209 Bienville Street Apt. B. Officers observed a black female victim laying face down on the floor with a gunshot wound to the lower back. Mid-City, 'Aggravated Battery' by Shooting
4) On Tuesday, 3/10/09, at 1:02pm, a shooting at the intersection of Bienville and N. White Streets. Officers arrived and observed a black male victim suffering from a gunshot wound to his left foot. Mid-City, Shooting
5) On Thursday, 3/19/09, at 11:50p.m., the victim was standing in front of Cool Spot Bar at 2410 Conti Street, where he observed Ross fighting his cousin. The victim went to stop the fight and Ross shot him in the side with a handgun. Mid-City/Treme, 'Aggravated Battery' by Shooting
Monday, April 6, 2009
2) A man was shot once in the head and killed early this morning in Central City. The victim was Hispanic. He appeared to be in his 30s. 2200 Block of Felicity St. Central City, Murder
3) Meanwhile, an unrelated shooting in the 1800 block of North Tonti Street left two men wounded at about the same time, police said. A bullet hit one of the men, 29, in the chest. Bullets hit the other man, 21, in the back and legs. 7th Ward, 'Aggravated Battery' by Shooting
4) ON 4/3/2009 AT ABOUT 9:50PM, THE VICTIM WAS WALKING FROM AMERICA ST TOWARD DALE ST ON DREUX ST WHEN THEY OBSERVED A PONTIAC DRIVE PASS THEM….THE DRIVER (SHOOTER) CALLED OUT TO THEM THAT THIS WAS THE EAST, YOU FROM UPTOWN..AND FIRED THREE SHOTS STRIKING THE VICTIM IN THE RT UPPER LEG. New Orleans East, Territorial Pissing
Sunday, April 5, 2009
2) New Orleans police are investigating a shooting mid-day Saturday that left two men wounded in the 8th Ward. Shots rang out at around noon at North Robertson Street and Elysian Fields Avenue, near a busy commercial zone that includes a gas station, an auto supply store and grocery. St. Roch/8th Ward, 'Aggravated Battery' by Shooting
3) On Saturday, April 4, 2009 at about 1:00am the victim was in the 2000 block of St. Ferdinand St. The victim was awaken by gunfire. The victim realized he had been struck by several times by bullets. St. Roch, 'Aggravated Battery' by Shooting
Saturday, April 4, 2009
1) On March 3, 2009, 1916 Elysian Fields a one month old infant boy was transported to Tulane Hospital. The baby was pronounced dead upon arrival. Arrested in this case was Kevin Brewer, the boyfriend
of the mother. St. Roch, Murder
2) Tuesday, March 17, 5:39pm, a shooting at 1812 Touro Street. Officers found Mr. Gregory Nolan on the ground in front of 1812 Touro Street suffering from gun shot wounds to his upper body. Transported to LSU Interim Hospital, where he expired. St. Roch, Murder
3) April 2, 4:15 pm, the victim was seated on his front porch. At that time, occupants of a tan sports SUV traveling on Fern Street began firing at an unknown standing at the intersection of Fern and Mars Place. The victim sustained two gunshot wounds to his left side torso. Hollygrove/Gert Town, 'Aggravated Battery' by Shooting
4) A man was shot in the 4600 block of Dale Street late Friday. The East, ?
Guns-for-cash program today at Little Zion Baptist Church, 4821 Earhart Blvd., in Gert Town.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Thursday, April 2, 2009
1) On Tuesday, March 31, 2009 at about 3:45am, the victims were standing at the intersection of Franklin and Urquhart St. At about this time the two wanted subjects dragged them into a vacant lot and began punching, kicking, and hitting them with bricks. Both suspects took the victims money. St. Roch. Robbery, Aggravated Assault
Also, friends of the NOMB recently witnessed kids pointing guns at their neighbor and their neighbor pointing a gun at kids. Their reflection: 'you know, it's probably for the best that he [the neighbor] has one.' Our rebuttal: nah.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
2) On Monday, March 30, 2009, at about 530pm, the victim was in the 1700 block of Elysian Fields. As the victim entered his vehicle, three unknown black males began shooting at him. The victim then fled the scene. St. Roch/7th Ward, Aggravated Battery by Shooting
Screwdrivers, boiling water...what's good with the upper 9 lately?
3) On Monday, March 30, 2009 at about 11:00pm the victim was in the 2800 block of Urquhart St., asleep. The victim stated he was awaken as the arrested subject poured boiling water on him. St. Roch, Aggravated Assault
4) On March 31,2009 at 8:19pm, The two victims stated they were seated on the porch in the 1700 block of S. White. Two unknown black males approached them from Elba St. armed with an assualt rifle and semi- automatic handgun and began shooting. Central City, Aggravated Battery by Shooting