1) A 27-year-old Marrero man was killed after two armed men burst into his home and fired several shots into his head. Deputies responded to the incident at 429 Wilson Drive around 5:48 a.m.
2) On Mother's Day, New Orleans police said, relatives discovered the couple fatally shot in the Pontchartrain Park home where the Cassimeres raised nine children in the 5400 block of Seminary Place shortly before 8 a.m.
3) Around 11 p.m. Saturday, sheriff's deputies responded to reports of gunfire in the 1700 block of Mansfield Avenue in Marrero. There they found the body of Christina Allen, 21, who lived in that block, suffering from several gunshot wounds.
4) Around midnight Saturday, New Orleans Fire Department firefighters found a charred body in the rear of a burned vehicle after they had extinguished a fire in the 12000 block of Old Gentilly Road.
5) The mother of a 13-year-old boy who was shot to death Monday afternoon in eastern New Orleans said her son had been feuding for the past few months with his alleged 14-year-old killer over his resistance to joining a gang. Shaka-Daquan was headed to the store with friends, she said, when the 14-year-old, armed with a handgun, approached and opened fire, hitting Shaka-Daquan. His body was found in front of a home in the 4800 block of Flake Avenue.
6) On May 7, 2009, at approximately 9:17 p.m., there was a shooting at Louisiana Ave. and Loyola Street. Sixth District officers were in the area, heard the shots and quickly responded where they observed a subject running from the scene with a handgun. They gave chase but the subject made good his escape after discarding the gun. The officers recovered the weapon and located the victim who sustained a gunshot wound to the leg.
7) On Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at about 8:45pm the victim was at the
intersection of St. Roch and N. Prieur Sts. The wanted subject
produced a handgun and started firing at the victim. The victim fled
8) On Thursday, May 7, 2009 at about 10:30am while in the 3300 block of
Marais, the victim and the arrested subject were involved in an
argument. The arrested subject armed himself with a handgun. The
arrested subject pointed the weapon at the victim and discharged it.
The subject was arrested by Fifth District Officers.\
9) On Saturday, May 9, 2009 at about 10:14am the victim was driving near
the intersection of Gordon and Burgundy St. At about this time the
wanted subject known to him approached the vehicle from the rear armed
with a shotgun. The wanted subject discharged the weapon at the rear
of the vehicle. Several of the pellets struck the victim in the
face. The wanted subject then fled the scene.
10) On Sunday, May 10, 2009 at about 7:47pm the victim was in the 170
block of Gallier St. The wanted subject exited a vehicle walked into a
residence in the block and retrieved a gun. The wanted subject yelled
out profanities and at this time began shooting in the direction of
the victim. The victim received several gunshots wounds and is listed
in critical condition.