While the East remains a demilitarized zone, akin to the random sort of roadside bombish tendencies of a Middle Eastern state, Central City refuses to relinquish its hold of the "Most Dangerous Neighborhood in the City," crown.
Let it sparkle folks. After all, it is carnival.
A 20-year-old man was fatally shot Monday in the Central City neighborhood, New Orleans police said. The city's 10th murder victim of the year was identified as Monroe Walker of New Orleans by the Orleans Parish coroner's office. Walker was shot shortly after 5 p.m. at Philip and Magnolia streets. Police responding to a call about gunfire found several bullet casings in the intersection, but Walker had been driven to a local hospital by a private citizen
And, in the "This is Just Disgusting," department, we look this to Arabi:
An 83-year-old man was found bludgeoned to death outside his Arabi home Sunday night, just a few days after contractors had finished repairing damage from Hurricane Katrina and he moved back in, authorities and neighbors said. Sheriff's deputies found Peter Ruiz's body behind his house in the 400 block of Sable Drive about 8 p.m. after relatives reported him missing. Autopsy results are pending, but it appears Ruiz was killed by a blow to the forehead with an unknown blunt object.
Old, young, we don't care. All can eat at our table apparently.